Saturday, February 07, 2009

Blah blah blah

Going to Grand Century to do anything is a hassle. I picked up some contacts and ordered more today, but they don't take my parents' insurance, so I have to pay and then have the insurance company pay us back. Blah blah blah. After going to the optometrist, I went into the mall to get my mom some nuoc mia. The guy charged me $8 for 2. After paying, I looked at the signs posted with the menu. Nuoc mia was $3.49. $3.49 times two... is.... not $8. I guess he took me for a fool cuz I don't look very Vietnamese-y. Like an ABC but the Vietnamese equivalent. I debated whether I should ask for the $1 back, but I decided not to. My mom told me I was stupid when I got home. I didn't intend to tell her the price, but... eh, long story. My mom just likes to complain about small stuff that Vietnamese moms would all complain about. I got frustrated listening to her, asking, "Do you want it or not?" cuz she thinks I didn't go to the right store blah blah blah. My dad just told my mom to forget about it and that she didn't even tell me where to get it so how would I know blah blah blah. I went upstairs to my room and found I was sucking on air through my straw. I opened my cup of nuoc mia and found that 3/4 of the cup was packed with ice.

Stupid grand century.

4 comments:

Bach said...

I don't have much faith for (or is it "in"?) the Vietnamese community in San Jose.

Tracy Tran said...

lol what's nuoc mia?

Michelle said...

sugarcane drink.

Anonymous said...

fuck that asshole