Sunday, January 07, 2007

It's Still Vacation

Copeland - I'm a Sucker for a Kind Word

On Friday, I went with Kenneth to his Joi Ying performance for a Vietnamese community thing for the new mayor of San Jose, Chuck Reed. It was pretty fun, though at first, I was really nervous. I didn't know anyone, I didn't know how to approach anyone. Zomg, so I just watched the cute little kids who were the demons. :D They performed their opening, but something happened and they didn't get to do their drunken lion part. We sat in the back and ate. I wasn't going to eat at first, but Kenneth's friend, Wilkent, started putting food on my plate. I still refused to eat, but he called over an adult (Iono if he was one of their sifu) and told him I wouldn't eat. I tried not to look at him, but he started tapping my shoulder, saying, "Excuse me." I slowly turned around with a meek "yes," and started getting grilled as to why I wasn't eating: Why aren't you eating? You're not hungry? The food's not good enough for you? You want some McDonald's?... eek. He then called a waiter over and told him in Chinese that I didn't think the food was good enough. The waiter asked if I needed lobster to eat. T__T So embarrassing. I told them I'd eat, and the guy told me that I was a guest and they had to pay for me. Aiyah..

Anyway, getting to know Kenneth's other friends was cool. At one point, I went to the bathroom, and Kenneth's friend, Brian.. Bryan(?), started mocking me. He was pretending to tie up his nonexistent long hair, and leaned his head on Kenneth. Kenneth told me that he pushed him away and Br_an threatened him with flicking. Spot on. -___-

I saw The Holiday. It didn't get great reviews, but I liked it.

I have plenty-o-tubes of Gummy Choco, which will run out quickly.

My state of mind is still in vaca-mode. Dammit. *shank*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like you. aw i still haven't seen the holiday. and i forgot that Kenneth is Chinese.