Sunday, November 02, 2008

An Interesting Night

Stars - Reunion
First song to play on my Pandora. Somewhat fitting, at least the title is.

Wow, I haven't been on this thing for a long ass time. It's been almost a year since my last post. After reading L
arry's blog, I felt like posting. *shrug* I guess I've changed a lot in a year. I should have, at least. My last post was such a downer.. Well, I don't plan on keeping this long, so maybe I should skip all the updates and go over my Halloween night. It'll probably a more interesting read for Larry, the only person who would read this. :]

My Halloween night began at a friend's birthday/ Halloween party. I'll be frank. It was pretty boring. Before I even left the house, I knew it wasn't going to be great. I don't know why I didn't go with my friends to Berkeley to party. I guess I just thought it was too far. After staying for what seemed a polite duration (if there is such thing), Phillip (my ride) and I left. On the way back, I called Leland to see if he was still planning to go to Berkeley to party (a separate party from my friends' plan) with Larry. He didn't go yet and didn't care about sneaking out, so we were on our way. Yay, spontaneity. We got to Larry's "penthouse" with little misdirection and surprised him. Seeing some high school friends I haven't seen in a while was cool too.

The place was packed! I had to excuse me-sorry my way through many rooms and hallways, one in which I got fingered. Some sick bastard decided to just run his finger up my skirt. [TANGENT&RANT] I swear I knew who the fool was as it was happening to me. There was a guy close to me, creepily staring at me as it happened as if he was waiting for a positive reaction. I should've just punched the 3 guys (alright, maybe it was a girl.. whatever.) closest to me, but I just decided to move through the crowd. [/END TANGENT&RANT]

Despite all the people, I didn't meet many new people; I just hung out with the people I already knew from middle and high school, most of whom were the hosts. I'm usually very social at parties, but I guess it's because I have a shorter attention span when I drink, so I just talk to whoever's next to me. I met some of Larry's Oakland friends. One was a guy named Hieu who I talked to while getting jungle juice (and having strangers spill it all over me). He was grinding on me earlier that night (yes, greatness.. -_-). He was kind of cute, I think. I can't really remember now, but what I do remember is my friend, Simrunn, catching up with me, standing in between Hieu and myself, talking to me a lot about who knows what, Hieu eventually walking away, and my getting cockblocked (or.. kittyblocked, rather. whatever.) I thought that was a little funny. At the end of the night, all we exchanged were names and and a hug. Disappointing.

What was also funny, and a little awkward, was Robert Chao hitting on me. Yup. I honestly see him as a brother at most. He was wrapping his arms around me and saying I was his main girl and that he no longer had a girlfriend (which was a lie, haha). I think it was a mix of him being drunk and my costume being somewhat of a catalyst, not to say it was great, but it called for some of that attention, I guess. Everytime a guy said he liked it or that he loved me, I just replied, "Yah, I know." I don't like to stop for fools.

I surprisingly had a lot of fun. The surprising element is that I was sober. Sober fun at a party. I probably would have had a lot more fun if I drank.

This post was long. I give up.

2 comments:

Bach said...

yay for sober fun!

did that finger - in the least bit - feel good?

haha I kid..(maybe..)

speaking of kid, I see you've struck quite the conversation with Oakland ;)

more lies I want to hear!

Michelle said...

no, that finger wasn't enjoyed at all -_-